Hello everyone! The conference begins tomorrow at 9am. Just a few pieces of information to help you find the venue:
1. From the train station, take the bus 44 to Heslington East
2. On the Heslington East campus, follow the signs to the Ron Cooke Hub
3. You’ll see our registration desk in the atrium
4. There will be plenty of volunteers around (they have name badges with green stickers)- they can help you with everything!
5. If you get lost and need help, please call or text Sydney at 07948706188
Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. Safe travels!
Hello all! The conference is rapidly approaching… here are some final updates for you.
1. Directions to the conference venue:
From the train station/ city center: Catch the 44 bus to the Heslington East campus. There are a few stops for this campus so you will have a few chances. The campus is well signposted and we will have some volunteers at the bus stop to help you find the Ron Cooke Hub. Once you’re in the Ron Cooke Hub, the registration table will be in the atrium. Volunteers will be wearing green name badges so feel free to ask them for anything you need.
By car: Please see http://www.york.ac.uk/hub/directions/ for driving directions and parking instructions.
From the Heslington West campus you can catch the free shuttle bus to the Heslington East campus (or it’s a 15 minute walk between campuses).
Map for GNFC Conference: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zmtZFRw7kVhk.kftPLC0yq0f0
2. Conference dinner: you can register on the day for the conference dinner. Please bring £20 (cash only) and sign up for the dinner at the registration table when you arrive. Vegetarian options are available.
3. Contact information: if you get lost or need help finding the venue, please don’t hesitate to text or call me at 07948706188.
4. Arrival time: Registration opens at 9am and the first keynote will begin at 9:30am. The full programme is available here and you’ll receive a paper copy on the day: Programme PDF (Updated 8 September)
Hope everyone has a nice journey to York and I look forward to meeting you in a few weeks! -Sydney